Posted on November 15th, 2009 2 comments
Cascade Spa presents the 6th annual Spalidays Open House on Wednesday, December 2nd. On this evening we celebrate everything that is Spa . . . chair and hand massages, hair styling, mini makeovers, live music, all this with spirits & hors d’ oeuvres provided by the Lakehouse Grille. On this night only you can purchase Holiday Gift Cards at 20% off!
Grab your girlfriends and Escape to the Lake on this enticing package:
* Accommodations on the night of 12/2 at The Inns
* Spalidays Open House at Church Landing
* 2 for 1 dinner entree coupon to participating restaurant on eve of 12/2
* A discount coupon book to the Mill Falls Marketplace
* $10 off each ticket to the BEYOND BOTOX Luncheon on 12/3
* 15% off Spa Services booked on 12/2 & 12/3
Church Landing: $49.50 Mill Falls: $29.50
(per person based on double occupancy, cannot be combined with any other offer)
Visit Cascade Spa on-line here
November 12, 2007
Ready for some Thanksgiving quotes? I don’t mean the “I’m thankful for my Nintendo Wii” or the “I’m thankful for my new car” quotes that we hear all too often lately. I mean some real Thanksgiving quotes that remind us of what we really have to be thankful for. Here are 10 Thanksgiving quotes to celebrate and ponder.
1. “The Pilgrims made seven times more graves than huts. No Americans have been more impoverished than these who, nevertheless, set aside a day of thanksgiving.” ~ H.U. Westermayer
2. “Thanksgiving Day comes, by statute, once a year; to the honest man it comes as frequently as the heart of gratitude will allow.” ~ Edward Sandford Martin
3. “There is one day that is ours. There is one day when all we Americans who are not self-made go back to the old home to eat saleratus biscuits and marvel how much nearer to the porch the old pump looks than it used to. Thanksgiving Day is the one day that is purely American.” ~ O. Henry
4. “You say, ‘If I had a little more, I should be very satisfied.’ You make a mistake. If you are not content with what you have, you would not be satisfied if it were doubled.” ~ Charles Haddon Spurgeon
5. “As we express our gratitude, we must never forget that the highest appreciation is not to utter words, but to live by them.” ~ John Fitzgerald Kennedy
6. “We would worry less if we praised more. Thanksgiving is the enemy of discontent and dissatisfaction.” ~ Harry A. Ironside
7. “It must be an odd feeling to be thankful to nobody in particular. Christians in public institutions often see this odd thing happening on Thanksgiving Day. Everyone in the institution seems to be thankful ‘in general.’ It’s very strange. It’s a little like being married in general.” ~ Cornelius Plantinga, Jr.
8. “It is literally true, as the thankless say, that they have nothing to be thankful for. He who sits by the fire, thankless for the fire, is just as if he had no fire. Nothing is possessed save in appreciation, of which thankfulness is the indispensable ingredient. But a thankful heart hath a continual feast.” ~ W. J. Cameron
9. “Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all the others.” ~ Cicero
10. “Thanksgiving Day is a jewel, to set in the hearts of honest men, but be careful that you do not take the day and leave out the gratitude.” ~ E.P. Powell
This Thanksgiving Day, let’s remember what we truly have to be thankful for. Let’s take a good, hard look around us and realize that while we may not have everything we want, what we want is not always what we need. Let these ten Thanksgiving quotes remind you of the true meaning of this great American holiday as you celebrate with friends and family.
Share the time-honored traditions of the Thanksgiving season at The Inns. Relax and unwind, watch football, eat until your heart is content and then gear up for the Holiday shopping season at the Mill Falls Marketplace.
Your Village Retreat Includes:
Two nights accommodations, a grand Thanksgiving day buffet from 11:30 am -6:00pm, late afternoon turkey sandwiches in the lobbies of Church Landing and Mill Falls, breakfast each morning, a discount coupon booklet to the Mill Falls Marketplace shops and restaurants and a harvest gift from us!
Rates starting at $189 per couple, per night
Don’t miss the Mill Falls Marketplace’s Holiday Open House Sunday, December 6th, noon to 4:00. Festivities will include horse drawn wagon rides, strolling carolers, and refreshments. With twelve wonderful shops to explore and five distinctive restaurants, you are sure to have a fun filled Sunday afternoon. Hope to see you there.