22 May Memorial Day Weekend 2015 in the Lakes Region
The trees and lawns are finally green and lush, and the scent of lilacs is in the air! After this weekend, the danger of frost in New Hampshire will be past us. Summer is almost here! The change in weather coincides with a day set aside to honor our fallen heroes, and to mark the occasion, the Lakes Region will be alive with events and celebrations you wont want to miss…
Memorial Day Specials and Cruises on the M/S Mount Washington
- Specials for Veterans and Military – Veterans & Military Personnel receive a special $10 rate aboard the M/S Mount Washington on Lake Winnipesaukee Saturday, Sunday, and Monday of Memorial Day Weekend. This offer is good on all daytime cruises from all ports (Weirs Beach, Wolfeboro, Alton Bay, Center Harbor and Meredith). The regular adult rate for a daytime cruise is $30.
- Memorial Day Weekend Kids Cruise Free – Take your children on a cruise on Lake Winnipesaukee and show them one of NH’s natural wonders. Memorial Day weekend they cruise for free! This offer is good on all daytime cruises from all ports. Free for all children 12 and under.
- Salute to Service Dinner Cruise – Saturday, May 23rd at 7pm – In celebration of our public servants, including First Responders, Police, Fire Fighters, EMTs, and US Military & Veterans, enjoy a dinner cruise on Lake Winnipesaukee for only $30 ($54 value). This offer is extended to everybody. Please bring a service person along or help spread the word. The cruise departs Weirs Beach at 7pm.
- Sunday Champagne Brunch Cruise – Sunday, May 24th – Enjoy a wonderful Champagne Brunch with Jazz entertainment while you cruise Lake Winnipesaukee, the largest lake in NH. This crystal clear natural body of water is spring fed, surrounded by 3 mountain ranges, and contains more than 240 habitable islands. What a wonderful way to see New Hampshire’s natural wonders! Adults $47 and children $24. Admission includes cruise, brunch, and Mimosa or Champagne for adults 21 and over. The cruise departs from Weirs Beach at 10am and 12:30pm, and from Alton Bay at 11:15am. For more information call 603-366-5531 or vist www.cruiseNH.com.
Pancake Breakfast with Squam Lake Association
- SLA’s Annual Pancake Breakfast – Saturday, May 23rd 9 – 11am – Kick off Memorial Day Weekend with breakfast overlooking Squam Lake. Join the Squam Lakes Association for its annual pancake breakfast. This year they have expanded the breakfast menu to include not just their amazing pancakes, but also bacon, fruit salad, oatmeal, coffee, juice, and a fixins bar. All welcome! $10 per person, ages five and under eat for free.
- Your Spring Pancake Breakfast ticket gets you more than just flapjacks! When you pick up your ticket you’re invited to take a guided tour of the SLA Campus, scale our climbing wall in the barn, take a boat out for a paddle, and check out interpretive displays for the latest and greatest on our conservation, education, recreation and volunteer programs! For more information, call 603-968-7336 or visit www.squamlakes.org.
Winnipesaukee Scenic Railroad – Veterans Ride Free!
- The Hobo Railroad in Lincoln and the Winnipesaukee Scenic Railroad in Meredith & Weirs Beach are extending a well-deserved THANK YOU to all active duty, retired, and honorably discharged military Veterans by providing each Veteran with a complimentary ticket to enjoy a relaxing round-trip ride aboard one of our restored vintage coaches during this special 3-day holiday weekend! Regularly priced tickets will be available to family members who would like to join their Veterans. Tickets are $18 for adults, $14 for children ages 3 – 11, and children under 2 ride free. Tickets can be purchased online at www.hoborr.com and at our Meredith & Weirs Beach, NH locations. For more information, please call 603-745-2135.
24th Annual Memorial Weekend Craft Fair
- Kick off summer with a visit to Mill Falls Marketplace this weekend and see Meredith come alive with over 100 juried craftsmen and women from all over New England. Sample culinary delights, enjoy live musical entertainment, and shop till you drop! All exhibitors will be selling only their own work, so you know each item is handcrafted and unique! Saturday 10am to 6pm, Sunday 10am to 5pm, and Monday 10am to 4pm. The Fair is held rain or shine, is handicap accessible, and admission is free!
Franklin Animal Shelter 5K
- On Sunday May 24th at 8:30am, enjoy a beautiful run along scenic Chance Pond and Webster Lake on a U.S. Track & Field certified 5K course. This race is a Franklin Animal Shelter Signature Event. All funds raised allow the shelter to continue its mission to shelter, care for, and advocate for the abused, neglected, and abandoned cats and dogs of the local communities by taking steps to control overpopulation and providing healthy animals that will be adopted into loving ‘forever’ homes. Race tickets are $25 if purchased online at www.franklinanimalshelter.com or $30 the day of the event. For more information, please call 603-671-3909.
All of us at Mill Falls at the Lake wish you a happy and safe holiday weekend!
For additional information on Meredith and some of the great events happening around the Lakes Region, visit www.meredithareachamber.com and www.lakesregion.org. And don’t forget to stop by the Mill Falls at the Lake website, too, at www.millfalls.com.
The Mill Falls Blogging Team