19 May Memorial Day Weekend Launches Summer in NH
The daylight hours are long, the scent of lilacs is in the air, and the lakes are calling. Summer is just around the corner! This burst of new life coincides with a day set aside to honor our heroes. To mark the occasion, the Lakes Region will be alive with events and celebrations all next weekend…
Memorial Day Specials and Cruises on the M/S Mount Washington
- Specials for Veterans, Military, and Public Servants – Veterans, military personnel, and public servants, along with their families, receive a special $10 rate aboard the M/S Mount Washington on Lake Winnipesaukee Saturday, Sunday, and Monday of Memorial Day Weekend. Children under 13 go free! This offer is good on all daytime cruises from all ports (Weirs Beach, Wolfeboro, Alton Bay, Center Harbor and Meredith). The regular rate for a daytime cruise is $32.
- Memorial Day Weekend Kids Cruise Free – Take your children on a cruise on Lake Winnipesaukee and show them one of NH’s natural wonders. Memorial Day weekend they cruise for free! This offer is good on all daytime cruises from all ports. Free for all children 12 and under.
- Salute to Service Dinner Cruise – Saturday, May 27th at 7pm – In celebration of our public servants, including First Responders, Police, Fire Fighters, EMTs, and US Military & Veterans, enjoy a dinner cruise on Lake Winnipesaukee for only $39. This offer is extended to everybody. Please bring a service person along or help spread the word. The cruise departs Weirs Beach at 7pm.
- Sunday Champagne Brunch Cruise – Sunday, May 28th – Enjoy a wonderful Champagne Brunch with Jazz entertainment while you cruise Lake Winnipesaukee, the largest lake in NH. This crystal clear natural body of water is spring fed, surrounded by 3 mountain ranges, and contains more than 240 habitable islands. What a wonderful way to see New Hampshire’s natural wonders! Adults $50 and children $25. Admission includes cruise, brunch, and Mimosa or Champagne for adults 21 and over. The cruise departs from Weirs Beach at 10am and 12:30pm, and from Alton Bay at 11:15am. For more information call 603-366-5531 or visit cruiseNH.com.
Winnipesaukee Scenic Railroad – Veterans Ride Free!
- The Hobo Railroad in Lincoln and the Winnipesaukee Scenic Railroad in Meredith & Weirs Beach are extending a well-deserved “Thank You” to all active duty, retired, and honorably discharged military veterans by providing each veteran with a complimentary ticket to enjoy a relaxing round-trip ride aboard one of their restored vintage coaches during this special 3-day holiday weekend. Regularly priced tickets will be available to family members who would like to join their veterans. Tickets can be purchased online at hoborr.com and at our Meredith & Weirs Beach, NH locations. For more information, please call 603-745-2135.
26th Annual Memorial Weekend Craft Fair
- Kick off summer with a visit to Mill Falls Marketplace next weekend and see Meredith come alive with over 100 juried artisans from all over New England. Sample culinary delights, enjoy live musical entertainment, and shop till you drop! All exhibitors will be selling only their own work, so you know each item is handcrafted and unique! Saturday 10am to 6pm, Sunday 10am to 5pm, and Monday 10am to 4pm. The Fair is held rain or shine, is handicap accessible, and admission is free! Food sales benefit Lakes Region Altrusa Club. For more information, please call 603-332-2616 or visit us at castleberryfairs.com.
EKAL Opening Weekend
- EKAL Lake Activity Center will be opening for the season on Memorial Day Weekend. This full-service activity center at Mill Falls at the Lake offers everything you need to have a good time out on the water, including rentals of canoes, kayaks, stand-up paddleboards, and aqua cycles, as well as antique speed boat rides and chartered boat cruises on a 26-foot-long pontoon boat. EKAL will be open Saturday May 27 – Monday May 29, 10am – 3pm, then through June 17, weekends only (Saturday & Sunday), 10am – 3pm. During peak summer season, June 24 – September 4, EKAL is open 7 days a week from 9 am – 6 pm, weather permitting. For more information, please visit ekalactivitycenter.com or call 603-677-8646.
Franklin Animal Shelter 5K
- On Sunday May 28th, enjoy a beautiful run along scenic Chance Pond and Webster Lake on a U.S. Track & Field certified 5K course. This race is a Franklin Animal Shelter Signature Event. All funds raised allow the shelter to continue its mission to shelter, care for, and advocate for the abused, neglected, and abandoned cats and dogs of the local communities by taking steps to control overpopulation and providing healthy animals that will be adopted into loving ‘forever’ homes. Race tickets are $30 if purchased online at franklinanimalshelter.com. Registration starts at 8:00am, and the starters gun goes off at 9:00. Come enjoy a wonderful, reasonably flat country course and support the shelter in its mission to protect and re-home the dogs and cats of Franklin, Hill, and Northfield. For more information, please call 603-671-3909.
All of us at Mill Falls at the Lake wish you a happy and safe holiday weekend!
The Mill Falls Blogging Team