11 Jul Meredith to Host “Drop Anchor” Events and “Landlubber’s Lot Dance” in July
To celebrate summer and the Antique Boat Show coming up later this month, The Greater Meredith Program Promotions Committee is sponsoring a “Drop Anchor in Meredith” event, with many local businesses offering specials for the month of July and others giving discounts during the Antique Boat Show weekend of July 25 – 27th. The organization is also hosting a “Landlubber’s Lot Dance” at the Community Park on Main Street on July 26th to really get into the swing of summer!
A “Drop Anchor Map and Events Guide” is now available at participating businesses and the Meredith Library, as well as at the Greater Meredith Program (GMP) website. The map highlights all of the special discounts that local merchants are offering during July and into August. Here are just a few trinkets from the treasure trove of specials that are available:
- Use the code “GMP” at the InterLakes Summer Theatre box office and buy one ticket, get one half off for 42nd St., Miss Saigon, or Hello Dolly!
- The Meredith Dry Cleaners are offering a 20% discount for dresses and skirts during the month of July.
- Threads will take 10% off your entire purchase, excluding clearance items.
- Visit Hawkins Photography and Framing to enter a raffle for a 2014 Boat Show Poster.
- Take 25% off summer sandals at Bootlegger’s from July 20 – 27th.
- Vynn Art Gallery will be featuring the “74th Annual Lakes Region Art Association Show & Sale from July 25 to August 10th.
- Frog Rock Tavern: receive 10% off your order by saying “Ahoy” to your server.
- Hermit Woods Winery: ask for the Antique Boat Show discount and receive 10% off your wine selection.
- Providence by C & B For You: ask for the Antique Boat Show discount and receive 20% off your purchase.
- Patricia’s Specially for You: bring your treasure map and get 20% off original prices.
- Lakes Region Nutrition Center: bring your treasure map and get 10% off Dr. Bronner’s biodegradable soaps.
And much more! Get the map and guide here!
The GMP Promotions Committee is also planning a “Landlubber’s Lot Dance” at the Community Park on Main Street on July 26th from 6 – 9 pm. Folks of all ages are welcome! There will be free popcorn, and Joanne Newman of DJ Music Factory will be spinning great dance music. Come join the fun!
The Greater Meredith Program (GMP) is a nonprofit community economic development organization seeking to enhance economic vitality, historical and cultural heritage, and town-wide beautification. For more information about GMP or volunteer opportunities, please call 603-279-9015, email GMP@metrocast.net, or visit the website at www.greatermeredithprogram.com.
For additional information on Meredith and some of the great events happening around the Lakes Region, visit www.meredithareachamber.com and www.lakesregion.org. And don’t forget to stop by the Mill Falls at the Lake website, too, at www.millfalls.com.
The Mill Falls Blogging Team